In the last few years, remote and hybrid work has had an explosion in popularity, giving workers an unprecedented level of access to opportunity and an increase in quality of life. However, our existing tools were not set up to do remote work well. Work can be isolating, transactional, and void of the camaraderie that makes everyone feel like they’re in it together.
To solve this, Gather builds virtual offices that bring the best of in-person work to remote. We’ve already seen success with our approach, with over 10,000 remote-first companies using our spaces every day.
And yet it’s still the early days for our broader vision of the Metaverse. We’re excited about how the Metaverse can break down physical constraints that exist today, not just in where you can work, but which friends/family you can see, or what educational opportunities you can have access to.
Join us in this mission!
Gather is a small team right now and that means every PM has an extremely significant role in shaping and executing the vision of the company.
In this role, you’ll operate as the product leader for one of our most strategic priorities: Growth and monetization. You’ll set the vision and strategy for this area with your counterparts in engineering, design, sales, and success. You’ll be driving the execution of projects to hit our near-term and medium-term goals. You’ll report directly to the Chief Product Officer
We are specifically looking to bring on PMs who have worked on growth and monetization efforts at a PLG company. Bonus points if you have consumer experience as well.
Where you’ll make an impact:
- Use a combination of data, research, market trends, and the team’s instincts to articulate and socialize the strategy for your product lines. This will include onboarding, trials, expansion, pricing, and more.
- Define short and long-term goals, and own the short and long-term roadmap that we believe will reach those goals
- Partner with design, engineering, sales, and success teams to deliver projects and run A/B tests successfully by developing a strong operating model and set of processes
- Spend lots of time with prospects, buyers, and members to develop empathy for our end-users and to develop an informed perspective on how to best address their needs
- Think outside of the box to solve problems with novel and creative solutions that are made possible by virtual offices
What you bring:
- You have 5-7+ years of experience in a Product Management role. At least 2+ of those years in a PLG company
- You have experience working alongside engineers, designers, and customer-facing teams and have shipped products at scale
- You have the ability to be hands-on and in the nitty-gritty details, while also being able to zoom out and define the big picture
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical partners, internally and externally
- You are comfortable in ambiguous situations and dynamic environments and understand what fast-growing startups entail for PMs
- You have excellent design sensibilities and are technical enough to develop strong relationships with your design and eng counterparts. SQL experience is also a major plus
- You are scrappy, have a bias toward action, and love moving fast
- You enjoy spending time with customers and are adept and getting to the root problems that your product is uniquely positioned to solve
US Salary Range
At Gather, compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $150,000 - $195,000 annually and we encourage candidates outside of this salary range to apply.
Base pay is one part of the total package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for a stock reward program.
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Gather is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace for individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to build a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work, everyday. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, we're committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please notify the recruiter you are working with. We also ask that all applicants consider answering the voluntary demographic questions on our job application to help us track the inclusivity of our recruiting efforts and programs. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and your answers will not be shared with the hiring team and will not impact the hiring decision.