30,000 products are launched every year, and 90% of them fail. Highlight is the first and only end-to-end agile product testing platform, enabling the efficient collection of scaled product performance data. Brands like Nestle, P&G, and Estee Lauder rely on Highlight for competitive benchmarking, pre-launch formulation testing, in-market product renovation, and more, to optimize product success. Highlight, launched in 2021, has seen runaway growth and scale, having tested hundreds of products at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional analog methods, and becoming the dominant SaaS platform in the product testing space. Highlight is a woman-owned, minority-owned startup on a mission to create better products for people and the planet. We’re a diverse and collaborative team committed to fostering an environment of innovation, impact, and growth.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our growing Product Development team! We empower our teams to improve our customer’s ability to quickly and iteratively improve their physical products by setting clear outcomes and letting the team find the best way to achieve it. Reporting to the Vice President of Product, you’ll lead your team through product discovery, roadmapping, prioritization, and ultimately delivering high quality customer value.
- Guide the team to work in the Empowered Product Teams model
- Conduct user research and gather user feedback to understand user needs and pain points.
- Identify, measure, and interpret results to validate product strategy
- Identify opportunities using metrics and user data to create a delightful user experience
- Become a subject matter expert on the unique needs and opportunities for In-Home Product Testing and use this to guide product growth
- Work with the development team to experiment and iteratively deliver customer value
- Help develop and mature the Product Management discipline at Highlight
- Represent the team in cross-functional projects and to the company at large
- Build strong relationships with your stakeholders and engineering and design leaders
- You love to foster a culture of deep collaboration, open communication, respect, high expectations, and, most importantly fun
- You’re passionate about continually improving your product management and leadership skills
- You work with a bias for action and problem-solving
- Focused on team building and collaboration over individual performance
- Extensive experience as a Product Manager
- You are excited about working on the first and only product of its kind in the market
- Experience in the Consumer Insights industry is a big plus!
Product Development Values
- We are deeply curious
- We are data-driven
- We are customer-obsessed
- We thrive on big ideas and experimentation
- We are intentional and thoughtful
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) with 100% employee premiums covered + 75% of dependant premiums covered
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible, remote WFH culture
- Access to the iconic Hearst Tower & its facilities in NYC (should you choose to be in person)
- Compensation: $135,000 - $150,000
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At Highlight, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful. We are committed to building a team that comes from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. If you’re someone who can think rigorously and isn’t afraid to challenge assumptions, join us.
We've built a world-class team with decades of experience in the space. We’ve encountered the problems we’re trying to solve first hand and care deeply about making better products. We’ve been fortunate to raise a seed round from First Round Capital as well as experienced angels and insiders to help us further our mission. We’re also a passionate, capable, and empathetic team who live by our Humans First value. We have fun, we care about one another, and we’re all in on tacos.