Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our team in Auckland. You will be responsible for ensuring the best possible end-to-end experience for Lightspeed retailers, by gaining a deep understanding of the retailer landscape and its challenges, setting the product strategy and discovering our next big opportunities. The ideal candidate for this role has clear and consistent communication and stakeholder management skills, you will contribute to a world-class product team and culture as a highly collaborative and effective team member with attention to detail.
What you’ll be doing:
- Discover and Define: Accurately identify highly valuable problems to solve at scale so that you maximise the yield of the team
- Risk and Delivery: Contribute to your product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business and a deep knowledge of the customers. This will ensure the team’s detailed understanding of the problem so that the team has the context and the autonomy to deliver.
- Influence and Stakeholder management: Influence your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic to ensure buy-in across the organisation of the prioritisation of the problems to solve and desired outcome.
And a little bit of…
- Contributing to a world class product team by sharing your knowledge and showcasing exceptional product management skills.
- Building strong retailer advocacy, increasing retailer empathy and understanding throughout the company.
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Prior experience working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, or user researcher
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Newmarket (Auckland)
Do you need additional support during an interview?
At Lightspeed, we acknowledge that we face the unique challenge of engaging with and hiring diverse talent from marginalised communities with different personal or cultural norms. For many candidates from these underrepresented groups, a job interview can be an extra stressful or challenging experience. Taking this nuanced perspective into consideration, Lightspeed is pleased to offer Supported Interviews! This means you’re welcome to bring whānau or a support person along with you during any Lightspeed interview (excluding initial recruiter phone call). This ensures you have the best opportunity to display your full range of strengths.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.